I made my husband a special valentines dinner last night.  Now my husband is neither raw nor vegan nor vegetarian.  Thats fine, everyone on their own path right?  And I love to cook and so I made him a special dinner of breaded pork chops with garlic mashed potatos, garlic brown rice and broccoli.  I ate a bit of it because A) Gotta know what Im cooking is tasting right and B) Im not gonna deny myself some of I want.  Im not gonna go to raw foodist hell or jail if I do LOL.  He was suprised that the mashed potatoes were made with real roasted garlic.  He thinks I put to much work into it all, but I love him and wanted to give him a nice dinner.
So today we went to the supermarket and I went to my ever favorite section the fruit and veggies!!! But something about the produce section kind of depresses me.  Maybe its because I know how most of the food is ripened thank to Food Inc the film or because I know that alot of those fruits and veggies lose alot of their nutritional value as they sit there.  BUT theres nothing much I can do, I wanna eat raw then I need to eat whats there.  I love the farmers markets because they are so community based and local.  There is such a nice energy to them.  The one I used to go to with my Mom and daughter is really cute, which is something I miss.  My husband says there is one here in our town in the summer.


This entry was posted on 11:58 AM and is filed under , , , , , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: